I lovvvvvvve noodles, when I was a kid I used to beg my mum for two minute noodles for dinner (sadly she rarely gave in to my requests haha)
Unfortunately two minute noodles are not the most hormone friendly option soooo I came up with my own version that is not only hormone friendly but it is also insanely DELICIOUS! (and husband approved so you can bet others in your household will love this dish too!
The main thing here is to make sure you choose a hormone friendly noodle option (or whatever type of noodle you know your body will tolerate best.
So good options are:
Black bean noodles
Whole grain noodles
I decided to use buckwheat noodles for this and I worked a treat! (for those wondering despite the name buckwheat is actually a seed not a grain!)
NOTE: I usually don't eat a lot of tofu however this dish really called for it. I also used some organic non-GMO tofu for this dish.
Feel free to omit the tofu all together or replace with another protein.
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cauliflower (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons of ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of your favourite curry powder
- 3/4 cup of frozen or fresh peas
- 2 portions noodles of your choice
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1/2 pack of firm organic non GM tofu (cubed).
- 3 table spoons of coconut oil
- Chilli flakes and salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 200c.
2. In a bowl mix the turmeric and curry powder together.
3. Rub 1/4 of the curry mixture onto the chopped cauliflower and tofu and save the rest.
4. Place the cauliflower and tofu onto a tray and drizzle with 1 table spoon coconut oil, cook for 15-20 mins (you can fry if you prefer).
5. In a pan heat up the remaining coconut oil and add in the onions and garlic and cook until soft.
6. Add in the remaining curry/turmeric powder and cook for another 2 mins.
7. Add in the coconut milk and peas and stir for 10 mins.
8. Add in the noodles, tofu and cauliflower ( NOTE: most noodles will need to be pre cooked before adding, just follow the instructions depending on what type you are using)
9. Top with salt and chilli flakes.
Anti inflammatory turmeric and coconut noodles (V, GF)
Comments will be approved before showing up.