This one-bowl (you can thank me later when you're doing the washing up!), paleo, and vegan choc chip BB is also grain-free, gluten-free and refined sugar free AND it's a much healthier and hormone-friendly version of traditional BB.
So let me stop yapping on and get down to the good stuff!
- 1 1/2 cup mashed banana (about 3 large bananas)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk, I used almond milk
- 4 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 1/3 cup creamy nut butter, I use organic almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dark chocolate chopped into chunks or dark choc chips (just make sure they are vegan and sugar free)
- Half a cup of chopped walnut
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees celsius and grease a bread dish with coconut oil and/or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the banana, ground flax, coconut sugar, milk, coconut oil, nut butter and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in the almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder until well combined with no clumps.
- Fold in the dark chocolate and walnuts then add to bread dish and bake for about 50-60 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean!) (top with halved banana for extra decoration)
- Allow the bread to cool, then slice.
RECIPE NOTES *for an extra treat top with nut butter, coconut yoghurt, nuts etc. *Store leftovers in an airtight container for three days, in the fridge for a week, or freezer for two months.