BEST EVER HORMONE-LOVIN' CHOC CHUNK COOKIES! Vegan, Gluten-free, Refined sugar-free + breastfeed
Ok so I am a big sucker for a cookie, but unfortunately for me, not many cookies are hormone friendly, so I have taken it upon myself to be your very own designated cookie creator/ tester! Hehe!
But on a serious note, these cookies really are delicious, without a doubt my best cookie recipe yet!
YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THEM!
Oh, and for all my breast feeding mamas, please see the small variation that will turn these into supercharged lactation cookies!
- 1/3 cup solidified coconut oil (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup creamy nut butter (any kind)
- 1 flax egg (or organic pasture-raised egg if not vegan)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/3 gluten-free oat flour (or sub gluten-free flour or spelt flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks (I just buy a 75-90% dark chocolate block and chop it up into chunks)
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of debittered brewers yeast for my breastfeeding mamas to turn these babies into healthy lactation cookies.
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees celsius and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon mat
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut oil, nut butter, eggs and vanilla until smooth and creamy
- Mix in the oats, cacao powder, flour, and baking powder until well combined (add brewers yeast in this step if using)
- Fold in dark chocolate chips and form the dough into cookies (about 2 tablespoons per cookie)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, then allow the cookies to cool for a few so they crisp on the baking sheet
**Store leftovers in an airtight container for five days or freeze for a couple of months#cookies #lactationcookies #BESTEVERHORMONELOVINCHOCCHUNKCOOKIES #breastfeeding #vegan #glutenfree
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Blog and Recipes
Why I ate my own placenta! The pros and cons of placenta encapsulation, how it works, how much it costs, what it tastes like and if I would do it again.