Crunchy choc peanut cornflake slice! (v) (gf)
Ok soooooooooo I actually originally started making these as I was looking for a healthy, but still VERY delicious snack that Flynny (aka my 2 year old snack monster lol) would love!
And I am not joking when I saw these were an instant hit!! But just with Flynn, but with EVERYONE who tried them!!!
They are seriously drool worthy deliciousness and the best part????
They are SOOOO SIMPLE to make (only 6 ingredients), AND they are also gluten free, have a vegan option, and are easily adaptable for allergies! … oh did I mention they are no-bake and takes about 5 mins to make?!?!? #winning 🙌🙌🙌🙌
Ok less talking more EATING!!!!
PS- if you have kiddos definitely get them involved in this- Flynn loved helping me 'crush' the cornflakes up lol!
1½ cups creamy peanut butter (you can also use any nut or seed butter here to cater for allergies etc)
2½ cups of crushed corn flakes (I try to find organic and naturally sweetened cornflakes ie with apple juice rather than sugar, if possible.)
⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
¼ cup honey or maple syrup (I used raw honey from my dads beehive!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sea salt as desired (I used a pinch)
- 1 block of extra dark choc (for the topping
- 2 extra tablespoons of coconut oil (for the topping)
- Line an 8×8” pan with baking paper.
- Mix together the peanut butter, coconut oil (must be liquid), vanilla extract, honey and salt if using.
- Add in the crushed corn flakes and stir until combined.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan in an even layer.
- Place in the freezer to set.
- Once set, melt the chocolate and extra coconut oil over a warm stove or you can pop in the microwave for 1min (it may need slightly longer but just keep checking it).
- Once melted pour over the mixture.
- Sprinkle with extra sea salt (if desired) and return back to the freezer to firm up!
- Once set cut into bars and ENJOY!! #heaven
Makes around 14 bars.
Note- keep stored in the fridge or freezer as they can get a bit melty!!!