Hormone Friendly Double Choc Fudgey Hazelnut Brownies! (V, GF, P)
WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!That's literally all I can say about the chocolatey goodness in these fudgey, drool worthy, hormone friendly hazelnut brownies!They are refined sugar free, vegan, gluten free, paleo, full of antioxidants, fibre, magnesium and healthy fats that your hormones are going to LOVVVVVVVE.ANYWAY less talking more baking!INGREDIENTS
- ½ - 1 full block 85% organic dark chocolate (depending on how chocolatey you want it!!)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- ⅓ cup coconut nectar, maple syrup or agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ½ cup of your fave nut butter (I used macadamia to make it extra decadent)
- 1.5 flax eggs (or two small free range organic eggs if not vegan) To make flax egg 1.5 tablespoons flax meal + 4 tablespoons water, whisk and let set for 10 minutes
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup almond meal (or almond flour)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup toasted hazlenuts chopped
Optional hormone loving extras
- 1 teaspoon your fave medicinal mushroom tonic (I added in some SuperfeastReishi code: pcostowellness)
- 3 tablespoons of Fertile Gut to turn these into a prebiotic super charged snack! code: PCOS15
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line with silicon sheet or baking paper 8x8” baking square pan.
- Add the maple syrup, coconut sugar, coconut oil and almond butter to a bowl. Whisk until completely combined.
- Add the flax egg and vanilla extract, almond flour, salt, baking soda, and cocao powder to the chocolate mixture
- Add in the chocolate chunks and toasted hazelnuts (and any extras!)
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes, (just make sure its not to wet on the inside).
- Let cool completely before cutting and serving.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days, or in the fridge for up to a week.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Blog and Recipes
5 Natural Ways to Combat Hair Loss in Women with PCOS