If any of you have been following my Instagram stories, you might have seen me post some images of these delicious morsels!!
I have been trying to perfect this recipe just in time for Easter, and so I am super excited to be able to post it finally!!
The soft salty and utterly yummy cookies are similar to macaroons (but tastier!!), and they are keto, low-carb, paleo, dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, vegetarian, refined-sugar-free... YUSSSSS #givemeallthecookies
Anyway, these are so yum and tick almost every dietary box so you can enjoy some chocolate snacks this Easter!
They are also fantastic for making sure we don't disrupt our hormones with a sugar overload, so all my PCOS ladies you can eat these risk-free (just make sure you stick to a low GI sweetener! (Stevia and monk fruit are usually the best option for this!)
Have a wonderful happy Easter, and I hope you like these cookies as much as I do!!
3/4 cup coconut oil
2 x Flax eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
Sweetener to taste (I used a blend of stevia and coconut nectar (around 1/2 a cup), but you can use whichever one you like, just remember this will change the carb count!)
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup of desiccated coconut
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
Flaky salt (I used sea salt)
2 cups almond flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, using an electric mixer, mix coconut oil, flax eggs, and vanilla extract until well-combined.
3. To the same bowl, add sweetener of choice, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, apple cider vinegar and coconut. Mix until blended.
4. One cup at a time, add almond flour and mix with a hand mixer.
5. Form dough into balls and lightly press down and place on the prepared baking sheet. Place them about 2-3 inches apart.
6. Add desired amount of sea salt to the top of each cookie.
7. One baking sheet at a time, bake cookies until a toothpick can be poked into the centre and comes out cleanly, about 15-18 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
9. Once cooled, carefully peel the parchment paper away from the bottom of the cookie.
10. Decorate or enjoy as is! I dipped one side of each of my cookies into vegan sugar-free dark chocolate and then added some more coconut on top!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Have you heard that gluten-free and dairy-free is a must for PCOS?
I SURE HAVE!
But does everyone with PCOS really need to go gluten-free and dairy-free?
Let’s take a closer look at the reasons behind removing gluten and dairy.
CHEWY CHOC CHIP AND MACADAMIA SUPERFOOD COOKIES
Vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free and low carb, the ultimate cookie for balanced hormones.