Love banana bread? SAMMMMME haha!!!
Sadly for me, most banana breads are filled with sugar, butter and lots of other hormone disrupting ingredients so I tend to avoid them unless I make it myself! :(
BUT this version is not only plant based, but it is also gluten free and nut free- so pretty much safe for all dietary requirements!!
I actually came up with this recipe to create a healthy birthday cake for Flynn's first Birthday party as I knew there would be lots of kids coming and wanted to give them a healthier alternative to regular birthday cake (so its also mum approved in my book! hehe!)
1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
2 & 1/4 cups brown rice flour (or sub for oat flour or gluten free flour)
2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons of flaxseeds + 5 tablespoons water) or sub 2 pasture-raised organic eggs)
1 cup mashed banana (about 2 medium bananas) + 1 sliced banana to decorate top
1/3 cup coconut nectar (agave, honey, or maple syrup will also work)
1/4 cup oat milk (or any non-dairy milk)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees and grease a loaf tin with coconut oil
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flax egg, banana, coconut oil, coconut nectar, oat milk and vanilla extract until combined
3. Add in the brown rice flour, cinnamon and baking powder and mix well
4. Top with sliced banana
5. Bake in oven for 45-55 minutes (or until cooked in the centre)
6. Allow the bread to cool about about 10 minutes then slice and enjoy!
Store leftovers in airtight container for 3 days, fridge for 5 days or freezer for 2 months
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Have you heard that gluten-free and dairy-free is a must for PCOS?
I SURE HAVE!
But does everyone with PCOS really need to go gluten-free and dairy-free?
Let’s take a closer look at the reasons behind removing gluten and dairy.